Skip to main content
34 weeks 2 days.

Short blog today - super tired! Another day down... 9 full days in the hospital so far.

Things that happened today/thoughts in no particular order:
- My mom did not take the news of Angel's death well last night:(
- I'm getting super sick of hospital food!!!
- My new antepartum friend said she now fully understands the meaning of EDC (estimated date of CONFINEMENT). Confinement = Prison like. I do too....
- Weather has been very, very nice.
- Enjoyed visits from church friends (Keri and Madeline) and work friends very, very much! Jenna brought me dinner and a new present - Sequence cats :) We played a few rounds and that was fun.
- My grandmother went to the ER today :( My mom is going to go out to see her for two days and will end up coming here on Friday instead.
- I'm excited that my mother-in-law is also coming over the weekend!
- Baby has been moving A LOT .. where my skin will ripple and I can see him push outward
- Sad I don't get to spend very much time with Charles... maybe 30 minutes each day :(

Tomorrow, Jen and I are going to have lunch and go on a small walk... something I'm definitely looking forward to!

Dear Baby -

There are now more checked boxes then unchecked boxes until you are 35 weeks. You are coming so soon and I can't believe it. I'm going to miss you with me all the time and being pregnant, but I'm also so excited to get to hold you and meet you. Your dad feels the same way too. How do you feel about April 17th as your birthday?


A friend from medical school sent me a really encouraging e-mail. Love this!
"There's no storm that God won't carry you through. No bridge that God won't help you cross. No battle that God won't help you win. No heartache that God won't help you let go of. He is so much bigger than anything you will face today. Leave everything in His hands and embrace this day confidently knowing that He WILL take care of you."

Saying goodnight.

Gifts from visitors today!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 weeks 4 days. I felt most like a resident today. I was able to get a pretty good nights sleep, and woke up in time to attend Pre-op conference... something I would have done if none of this PPROM (premature rupture of membranes) stuff happened. Wearing my Aggie T-shirt and pregnancy jeans... it was fun to defend the list with Alli and just learn from the upcoming patients and cases. I came back, worked on stuff, and then got to go to chief meeting and M&M conference. What a great conference today too! Jess and Karissa did a really good job. It was the most "normal resident day" of this week. And I was thankful. Still getting visitors throughout the day, and love it! And phone calls! I also got to talk to my close friend Sandy today for awhile on video chat, which always brightens my day:) I'm thankful for: - Another stable day. Baby had a beautiful non-stress test today and he has been moving a lot! - Baby is head down, GBS negative (no need for addition
33 weeks 1 day. Today did not turn out the way I thought it would be. It was suppose to be a really fun day. 3 laparoscopic hysterectomies with one of my favorite attendings, and ticking off one more day towards a term pregnancy. I was starting to get comfortable with the idea that maybe I could be a "normal" pregnancy... I know I was diagnosed with cholestasis just last week, and the decision to deliver between 37 -39 weeks was the hardest debate all weekend. It was a nice weekend - my first weekend off after working 2 call shifts and operating almost daily for the past 19 days. I got to spend time with some friends, went on a long walk around the park with my husband, and relaxed at home. I was heading upstairs to preop my first patient today, when I felt the urge to detour into OBES.  I asked Amy, one of our amazing CNMs, if she could make sure I did not break my bag of water... I had felt leaking all morning but was sure it was probably just urine. I hoped. Until s
33 weeks 2 days. Today started off rough. Getting IV antibiotics scheduled at different times (ampicillin every 6 hours and erythromycin every 8 hours) was not conducive to sleep at all. The nurses have been amazing, but I wasn't able to finally get to sleep until 3 from the unfortunate timing of everything. And I woke up at 6 when Charles left this morning for work. I wanted to try and form some sort of schedule for myself so I'm not just lounging around all day... so I got up and started to do some work. This morning started off poor - on/off crying. The 2nd Betamethasone shot (which feels like getting 3 Tdap shots all at the same time) was so painful. The burning from the erythromycin. Man. I am having so much sympathy for antepartum patients right now. I just don't know how some of them can do this for weeks and weeks. And I have only been here for less than 2 days. I was able to work on some things my program director, Dr. Draper, is having me do while I am inp