Skip to main content
33 weeks 6 days.

Lazy Saturday. Spent a lot of today in the room looking outside the hospital window. It was expected to be a pretty rainy day. Started that way, and then the sun came out... which made the hospital stay harder. The storm rolled in and now it's snowing...might be the last snow I will see before leaving Utah, which is sad to think about it.

Worked a little bit today, but did more lounging around than anything. Not much to report. Spencer and family came to visit today ... and I loved seeing Kellie and the kids. They made me a cute little card and brought me a small present. Really sweet visit. Got to talk to some friends on video chat / text/ phone... and watched the day go by from my large windows.

Being at the hospital is getting easier... things are falling into a routine (and I like routines). I get vitals, fetal heart tones, and or meds every 4 hours from my RN / HCA. The nutritionist brings me a tray for every meal. I talk to my housekeeper a little when she helps me freshen up the room. I go on two small walks. But, it still doesn't get my mind off the fact that at any minute, things will drastically change and I'll get to meet this little boy. It's a looming thought in the back of my mind at all times.

When I can, I try not to think about the fact that I will have literally lived at the hospital for almost 1 week... with another potential week to go. I have never been hospitalized in the past, so thinking about this makes the walls close in and feel suffocating. Probably why I felt a little blue today.

But things to be excited about:
1. In 2 hours.... I will be 34 weeks and 0 days. Major milestone! Go baby go!
2. Ashley/Jen K/ Jess/ maybe others?? coming for a game night tomorrow. Party in 2309!

Dear Baby,

You moved around A LOT today. Your dad was even surprised how much you were squirming underneath my skin. Makes us so happy. Getting even more anxious to meet you!!! I saw some youtube videos today of what a 34 week baby looks like, and it made me excited. You won't look too much like an alien. I've been trying to find ways to prepare for your arrival... well as much as I can from a hospital. Looked up potential preemie clothes, doing more reading on breastfeeding, reading checklists for having a preemie baby. Makes me feel closer to you.

You are going to be 34 weeks so soon. And I'm so proud that we have made it to this milestone. Let's keep going ... continue to grow, avoid infections, avoid potential disasters. Love you so much. Even though I haven't gotten to see you, I'm already so happy to be your mom.

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4


Farthest I have gone from the hospital's doors since Monday.

Card from Spencer's kids. SO CUTE.

Enjoying a BRIEF turn outside. Snow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 weeks 4 days. I felt most like a resident today. I was able to get a pretty good nights sleep, and woke up in time to attend Pre-op conference... something I would have done if none of this PPROM (premature rupture of membranes) stuff happened. Wearing my Aggie T-shirt and pregnancy jeans... it was fun to defend the list with Alli and just learn from the upcoming patients and cases. I came back, worked on stuff, and then got to go to chief meeting and M&M conference. What a great conference today too! Jess and Karissa did a really good job. It was the most "normal resident day" of this week. And I was thankful. Still getting visitors throughout the day, and love it! And phone calls! I also got to talk to my close friend Sandy today for awhile on video chat, which always brightens my day:) I'm thankful for: - Another stable day. Baby had a beautiful non-stress test today and he has been moving a lot! - Baby is head down, GBS negative (no need for addition
33 weeks 1 day. Today did not turn out the way I thought it would be. It was suppose to be a really fun day. 3 laparoscopic hysterectomies with one of my favorite attendings, and ticking off one more day towards a term pregnancy. I was starting to get comfortable with the idea that maybe I could be a "normal" pregnancy... I know I was diagnosed with cholestasis just last week, and the decision to deliver between 37 -39 weeks was the hardest debate all weekend. It was a nice weekend - my first weekend off after working 2 call shifts and operating almost daily for the past 19 days. I got to spend time with some friends, went on a long walk around the park with my husband, and relaxed at home. I was heading upstairs to preop my first patient today, when I felt the urge to detour into OBES.  I asked Amy, one of our amazing CNMs, if she could make sure I did not break my bag of water... I had felt leaking all morning but was sure it was probably just urine. I hoped. Until s
33 weeks 2 days. Today started off rough. Getting IV antibiotics scheduled at different times (ampicillin every 6 hours and erythromycin every 8 hours) was not conducive to sleep at all. The nurses have been amazing, but I wasn't able to finally get to sleep until 3 from the unfortunate timing of everything. And I woke up at 6 when Charles left this morning for work. I wanted to try and form some sort of schedule for myself so I'm not just lounging around all day... so I got up and started to do some work. This morning started off poor - on/off crying. The 2nd Betamethasone shot (which feels like getting 3 Tdap shots all at the same time) was so painful. The burning from the erythromycin. Man. I am having so much sympathy for antepartum patients right now. I just don't know how some of them can do this for weeks and weeks. And I have only been here for less than 2 days. I was able to work on some things my program director, Dr. Draper, is having me do while I am inp